Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Black Belt

Just this Saturday (June First, 2013) I earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do! I'll post the pictures and videos separately, but the videos can't catch the way I was feeling. Even though my Master said that this was more ceremony than test, I was really nervous! Especially with the board break! I had to break 5 boards in a row (not with one strike, though), and I noticed a pattern: noone broke them all first try! I stepped up to my boards, set the holders up the way I needed it, and tensed. I hit each board as hard as possible, and a miracle happened: I BROKE THEM ALL FIRST TRY! I know what you're thinking: cool story bro. But there's still one catch: I was the only 1st level black belt tester that they could remember that broke all 5 boards 1st try! Best. Day. Ever!

~EN

No comments:

Post a Comment